queued♡feel free to delete♡
follow www.healthiness-happiness.tumblr.com for health and fitness tips and inspiration. :)
- Just take a small scoop of cranberry sauce, or none: It’s loaded with sugar and can have 300 calories per half cup.
- Remove the skin. While the skin adds great flavor and is a nice treat for special occasions, it does contain extra calories and fat – and is usually coated in butter.
- Go light on the gravy. Gravy, depending on how it is prepared, can be loaded in fat, calories and tons of sodium. Just use a touch of it.
- Eat before dinner. Have a healthy lunch before going to Thanksgiving dinner so that you’re not very hungry. This will help prevent overeating.
- Opt for healthy sides. Instead of going for buttery, cheesy or creamy sides, go for steamed vegetables and smarter choices.
- Save your calories for the dinner.Appetizers, munchies and finger foods are notoriously high in calories and unhealthy fat. Moreover, they’re not filling. Save your calories for the main course.
- Drink lots of water. Water boosts your metabolism and helps you feel full. And it’s definitely a much wiser choice than eggnog.
- Use a small plate. Studies show that if we use a small plate, we eat less. Moreover, wait 15 minutes before going back for seconds. It takes time to feel full.
- Talk! Instead of chowing down, take time to talk with your friends and family. By eating slower, you give your body time to digest and feel full – thereby lessen the likelihood of overeating.
- Have a few bites of dessert. If you have room, just take a few bites of the dessert options. It will satisfy your sweet tooth without overindulging. And if you’re full, take your dessert to go rather than cramming it down.
- Don’t feel guilty. Thanksgiving only comes once a year, and if you eat a lot – so be it. All of us occasionally indulge and it’s part of creating balance in your diet. Don’t feel guilty about it – as such guilt often manifests itself as additional overeating.
xo L - follow www.healthiness-happiness.tumblr.com for more tips.
Almonds naturally contain a very high amount of vitamin E. Vitamin E blocks the formation of carcinogenic compounds formed in the body that can result in cancer. In addition to protecting cellular health from damaging effects, vitamin E supports cardiovascular health and promotes a healthy immune system. The incidence of heart disease is 30 to 40 percent lower in individuals with the highest intakes of vitamin E.
Essential Fatty Acids
Almonds are packed with essential fatty acids that promote good health and well-being. Essential fatty acids are important because the body cannot produce them and they must be obtained from dietary sources. The essential fatty acids found in almonds are linoleic and linolenic acid, and they are responsible for proper functioning of the body.
They help lower blood cholesterol if consumed regularly instead of saturated fats. Healthy skin and hair also are supported and maintained by the essential fatty acids found naturally in almonds.
Dietary fiber is recommended by many physicians for good health because of its many benefits. The Mayo Clinic claims that dietary fiber is essential for a healthy diet because it promotes normal bowel movements and decreases constipation. Fiber supports a healthy colon and lowers the risk of developing hemorrhoids and other colon disorders. Aside from promoting regularity, dietary fiber also has been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels and support heart health.Dietary fiber prevents individuals from overeating and promotes a healthy appetite because it makes them feel full longer.
Follow me at www.healthiness-happiness.tumblr.com for more health and fitness tips, pictures, quotes and more :) xo
http://healthiness-happiness.tumblr.com follow for inspirational pictures!
cant wait to have a nice butt like this :p
so true :) follow for more quotes -> http://healthiness-happiness.tumblr.com